A mental health therapist, researcher and educator.
Dr Ingrid Bacon has more than 16 years of mental health clinical practice, and worked in a variety of settings in the UK, West-Africa and Brazil. For example, as Head of Therapies for the Priory Group and as Mental Health OT and Family Therapist for the Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Clinic for the State Government of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. She has been helping people to learn and make positive changes to their mental health well-being. Her vision is to support people with psychological needs to reach their full potential and flourish. She uses an integrative and eclectic approach to her practice, which means that a number of theories and frameworks are adopted to suit the needs of her clients.
- PhD at Brunel University, Department of Clinical Sciences (PhD studentship)
- Master’s degree in Health Studies, Exeter University
- Master's degree in Psychology (Conversion), Kingston University
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy, Brunel University
- Post graduation Systemic Family Therapy
- Post graduation Motivational Interviewing
- Health Care Professionals Council - HCPC
- British Psychological Society - BPS
- College of Occupational Therapists - COT